Overdraft Privilege (ODP) is offered to our customers to provide protection against having items returned in the event of occasional overdraft of your account due to errors or funds shortfalls. There is no additional charge for having this privilege on your account.
You will receive written notification if the Overdraft Privilege is added to your account. If you participate in our Overdraft Privilege Program and would like to Opt Out, you may do so at any time and you can also revoke your previous Opt In at any time by contacting Customer Service at 337-893-7733.
- $500 limit for Consumer; Account open for at least 30 days
- $1,000 limit for Business; Account open for at least 60 days
- Maintain the account in good standing;
- Must bring the account to a positive balance within every 30 day period for a minimum of 24 hours
- Must not be in default on any loan or obligation to Gulf Coast Bank
- Must not be subject to any legal or administrative order or levy
- An overdraft may not be paid if the negative balance on the account is greater than the overdraft privilege limit
DEBIT CARD & ATM TRANSACTIONS
New regulations became effective August 15, 2010 regarding ATM and one time Debit Card Transactions. If an overdraft results from a transaction at an ATM or from a one time Debit Card transaction, Gulf Coast Bank will not pay or impose a service charge in connection with the overdraft unless you have given us your consent or Opt In to the service and received written confirmation of your consent or Opt In from Gulf Coast Bank.
TIPS ON AVOIDING OVERDRAFTS
- Review all statements and correspondence from GCB right away; Receiving e-Statements provides a quicker method for reviewing your transactions; Balance your account regularly; Post all transactions to a check register
- Minimize ATM fees by using a GCB ATM whenever possible. Fees charged at foreign ATMs will reduce your available balance.
- Enroll in NetTeller Online Banking to be able monitor account balances 24/7
- Set up Mobile Banking for the capability of checking account balances, transferring funds between accounts, and depositing checks from the convenience of your Mobile Device
- Set up direct deposit for your government and payroll checks to have funds available to you immediately
- Set up Account Alerts in NetTeller online banking to receive an Email, Text, or Login Alert when your account reaches a limit you select
Call us for additional information at 337-893-7733, or click here: