NetTeller Online Banking Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q. What number should I call if I can’t find answers to my questions in this document?
Customer Service - (337) 893-7733
Q. What is NetTeller?
The NetTeller service, from Gulf Coast Bank, allows you to access your Gulf Coast Bank accounts and obtain balance information, perform account transfers and statement retrieval, download account history or transactions, stop payments, and pay bills all via the Internet. You can also send secure email to the Bank.
Q. How do I get started?
Internet Online Banking services from Gulf Coast Bank are best viewed with Microsoft Explorer using one of the two latest versions. The browser must support 128-bit SSL encryption. If your browser does not support 128-bit, you will not be allowed to access NetTeller.
To begin using NetTeller, you must complete an application by visiting any one of our locations. Gulf Coast Bank will assign you a NetTeller ID and Password to use when signing on to the system. Once you sign on to NetTeller, you will be prompted to create your own unique Password. The Password must consist of 8-25 characters and you must use alpha, numeric and supported special characters.
During the initial login you are required to set up a question and answer for the "Self Password Reset" function at the login site. By doing this you will be able to reset your own password anytime, day, or night, provided you have a valid email address.
Q. How can you guarantee the security of my banking information?
We follow strict standards to allow for a secure online banking experience. A few of these standards are listed below:
- Your banking information never travels the Internet without encrypted protection.
- Login sessions have a time-out limit requiring you to log in again once the limit is reached. (You will be warned 1 minute before the timeout takes affect)
- Password guessing is deterred and reported.
- Internet security is not a once and for all task. Security enhancements are constantly being developed and implemented for NetTeller to ensure the integrity of our Internet Banking System.
- Multi-factor Authentication practices are use to identify the user access, which requires security question set up.
Q. What can I do to protect my account and personal information while I’m banking online?
- Memorize your password.
- Your NetTeller ID and Password verifies you when you begin an online banking session with Gulf Coast Bank.
- Do not write down your password or reveal it to anyone.
- Change your password regularly.
- It is recommended that you do not use the feature on your browser to "Save Your Password". This may allow an unauthorized person to access your account information.
- Remember to sign off. You may not always be at your own computer when you bank online. Therefore, it’s important to log-off when you’re finished banking or leave the room for a few minutes while in an open banking session. For your protection, Gulf Coast Bank automatically logs you off after 10 minutes of inactivity.
- Use built-in security features of your browser. Gulf Coast Bank recommends that you use the built-in security features that some browsers provide. Choosing certain security settings and options will help protect the privacy of your accounts and personal information. The Help Option or Properties on your browser should provide you with the security options available on your system.
- If you feel your NetTeller ID or Password has been stolen and compromised, notify the Electronic Banking Department immediately at (337) 893-7733 but also know that you have the ability to change your password yourself, immediately by going to your Customer Profile within your ID login.
Q. I’m having trouble signing on. What am I doing wrong?
More than likely you forgot your Password or you entered an invalid Password. Each customer is allowed three invalid sign-on attempts before the system locks him or her out. You must then contact the bank to unlock your NetTeller ID.
If you have forgotten your Password, you must contact the Bank's Call Center at (337) 893-7733 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. CST, Monday through Thursday, and 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. on Fridays, excluding holidays. After proper ID verification, the Call Center will give you instructions regarding your Password.
When having your password reset, for your next login you will have to use the password that is assigned by the Bank and create a new one.
Q. I forgot my NetTeller ID number. What do I do now?
You will have to contact the Call Center at (337) 893-7733 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. CST, Monday through Thursday, and 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. on Fridays, excluding holidays.
Q. I created an alias for my NetTeller customer ID number, but can’t remember it. How do I get into the system?
Simply use the original NetTeller ID number that was assigned to you when you opened your NetTeller account. Once you are logged in, the system will show you the alias, under Customer Profile and/or you can create a new one, at this point.
Q. The system has stopped accepting my commands and the login screen appeared.
The system may have been Idle for 10 minutes or longer. For security purposes, the system is set with a default feature for a 10-minute time-out. If the system is not used for 10 minutes, the user will be inactive and will have to log in again. You will be warned 1 minute before the timeout takes effect.
Q. Is there a cost associated with NetTeller or any of Gulf Coast Bank’s on-line banking services?
NetTeller does not have a set-up fee or monthly service fee. The service is free with any Gulf Coast Bank checking account.
iPay is Free with your Gulf Coast Bank Checking Account. There is a fee for expedited payments and gift checks/donations. With online banking and bill pay, mobile banking, mobile/online alerts and other similar services, message, data, and/or internet service provider rates may apply, as applicable.
Cash Management is offered for businesses that qualify. Fees will apply for Cash Management services. You must contact the Bank for more information at (337) 893-7733.
Q. Which accounts can I access through NetTeller?
- Checking accounts
- Savings accounts
- Money Market accounts
- Time deposit accounts
- Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs)
- You may transfer funds to and from a savings, checking, and money market account. You may only view Time Deposit accounts and IRAs.
Q. Can I make a loan payment through the Internet Banking?
Yes. You would simply start with the account you would like to transfer from and then select the loan account where the payment is going.
***REMEMBER, WHEN THE LAST PAYMENT IS DUE, YOU MUST CALL THE BANK AND GET THE FINAL PAYMENT AMOUNT. FINAL LOAN PAYMENTS MAY BE DIFFERENT THAN THE NORMAL PAYMENT AMOUNT.***
Q. How late in the evening can I make transfers?
The transfer cut-off time is 7:00 p.m., CST on business days. Business days are Monday through Friday, and do not include holidays or bank declared holidays. Transfers performed after 7:00 p.m. may be posted on the next business day.
Q. If the system shows an error during a transfer, what do I do?
Do not immediately “re-enter” the transfer. The transfer may have already been posted, and the confirmation number was lost in transit. First, check the account the transfer was drawn on, and then check the account status of the account transferred to. If no debits or credits appear on your accounts, then the transfer was incomplete. Only then should you “re-enter” the transfer.
Q. What online products are available through NetTeller?
Basic NetTeller, Bill Payer, Cash Managment Services, with, or without, ACH Origination, Mobile Banking, for iPhone, iPad and Android as well as eStatements.
Q. How current is the account information I access through online banking?
Account information, as well as online banking and ATM/Debit Card transactions are real time and should show immediately as a memoed item.
Q. Can I download my account information to my financial management software?
Yes, you can Download account information to your money management software, such as the Intuit products Quicken® and QuickBooks®. Gulf Coast Bank is registered as an online institution with Intuit. The current version, plus two prior years, is supported. You may also download to spreadsheet or text programs, such as Excel and Microsoft Word.
Gulf Coast Bank NetTeller users must use the Web Connect method by logging into NetTeller and choosing to download and walking through the steps. You may then choose to save the file to your computer/network, or you may choose to send your transactions electronically to your Quicken/Quickbooks program. Express Web Connect (Online Version)is not supported by NetTeller and is not recommended. Direct Connect is not available at this time.
Q. How can I get help with my Quicken or Quickbooks software product?
Support for the Intuit software products may be obtained by accessing http://www.intuit.com/support or Quicken Support (800) 811-8766 and QuickBooks (888) 320-7276.
Q. How much history is available to view?
NetTeller includes six (6) months of previous statements and three (3) months of images. Your transaction listing page will give an "All" option, which will then give multiple pages to view with images, if applicable for that item.
eStatements will collect, and maintain, an 18 month history of statements with images of checks and deposits.
Q. The text, submit button, columns, and figures don’t fit on my screen.
Use the scroll bar at the bottom of your screen. Depending on your browser and monitor settings, certain information may not be readable unless you use the scroll bar. To correct the problem you may want to reset your monitor resolution settings.
Q. Can I communicate with someone at the bank online?
Yes. You may use the secure email tab inside the NetTeller site and your message will be directed to the appropriate department, or you may use the Contact Us page in the Gulf Coast Bank web site and email to the appropriate department below during banking hours, which are 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM CST Monday thru Thursday, 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM CST on Friday and 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM on Saturday (Saturday hours are for our WalMart In-Store locations).
Loan Department-Send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Customer Service-Send to email@example.com
Alert and notification messages from NetTeller will be coming from firstname.lastname@example.org